The RSA5106B is a laboratory grade spectrum analyzer with a frequency range of 1 Hz to 6.2 GHz. It provides small signal duration for 100% probability of intercept of 0.434 µsec (Opt. 300) and high real-time spurious-free dynamic range of 80 dB over the entire acquisition bandwidth with HD options (Opts. B85HD, B125HD, and B16xHD). In additional it operates not only as a spectrum analyzer but also wideband vector signal analyzer, and unique trigger-capture-analyze capability.
The RSA’s has a 10.4 inch color touch panel display, 1 GB memory for acquisition (upgradable to 4 GB, Opt. 53), an optional 480 GB internal hard drive (Opt. WIN10RINT), as well as an optional 480 GB removable solid-state drive (Opt. WIN10REM) to save and load data and settings.
Tektronix real-time analyzers have a frequency mask trigger which allows the user to set up a spectral mask to capture a signal when a spectral anomaly occurs. DPX technology allows the user to view an RF signal as a live display. One can view very short transient signals, multilevel signals, and time-varying events. The analyzer allows the user to view the captured signals in a variety of time-correlated displays. Multiple displays can show different views of the same data live or saved.
This RSA allows the use of multiple displays for advanced functionality. Some of these display categories include: General Signal Viewing displays; Analog Modulation; General Purpose Digital Modulation displays (Opt. 21); RF Measurements displays (Opt. 11); OFDM Analysis (Opt. 22); Advanced Pulse Analysis (Opt. 20); Audio Analysis (Opt. 10); WLAN Analysis (Opts 23, 34, and 25); Bluetooth LE and Bluetooth Basis Rate RF (Opt. 27); APCO P25 Analysis (Opt. 26); LTE Downlink Analysis (Opt. 28); Signal Classification (Opt. 54); Return Loss (Opt. 60), and Noise Figure (Opt. 14).
Front panel inputs/outputs are: RF INPUT N connector (50Ω, +30 dBm w/pre-amp off, +20 dBm w/pre-amp on); Trig IN BNC connector (External trigger input; -2.5 V to +2.5 V range); Trig OUT BNC connector (Trigger output; 50Ω, high > 2.0 V, low < 0.4 V, 1 mA); and 2 X USB connectors (USB 2.0).
Rear panel inputs/outputs: GPIB GPIB connector (IEEE 488.2); Analog Zero Span Out BNC connector (Opt. 66); Real Time I and Q out MDR Connectors (Opt. 65); Noise Source Drive BNC connector (+28 V DC Out, 140 mA (nominal), turn ON time: 100 µs, turn OFF time: 500 µs); LINE OUT Phone connector (Headphone audio out); MIC Phone connector (Microphone in); NOT IN USE Phone connector (Line In not supported); Trig 2 In BNC connector (External trigger TTL 7V Max); COM 2 DB9 connector (Male pins, serial port for connecting peripherals); VGA VGA Connector (External monitor, resolution not limited to VGA); Keyboard Mini DIN connector (PS2 Keyboard); 2 X USB 2.0 USB connectors (For mouse and other peripherals); LAN Ethernet connector (RJ45 10/100/1000 Base T network); REF OUT BNC connector (Reference frequency, 10 MHz, >0 dBm, 5V Max); REF IN BNC connector (Reference frequency, 10 MHz, -10 dBm to +5 dBm, 5V Max); and US Power Plug (115 V nominal) .
|Frequency Range||1 Hz to 6.2 GHz|
|Real-time acquisition BW||25 MHz, 40 MHz, 85 MHz, 125 MHz, 165 MHz|
|RF Input impedance||50 Ω|
|Maximum Safe RF Input Power||+30 dBm (RF Input, RF ATT≥10 dB, Pre-amp Off); +20 dBm (RF Input, RF ATT≥10 dB, Pre-amp On); +50 Watts peak (RF Input, RF ATT≥30 dB (<10 µs, 1% Duty Cycle repetitive Pulses))|
|Input Attenuator Range||0 dB to 55 dB (5 dB step)|
|Dynamic Range (Spurious Free)||>75 dBc (25/40 MHz); > 73 dBc (85/165 MHz); ≥ 80 dBc (Opts. B85HD, B125HD, and B16xHD)|
|Reference Level Range||-170 dBm to +50 dBm (0.1 dB step) (min ref. level -50 dBm at center frequency <80 MHz)|
|Resolution Bandwidth Range||0.1 Hz to 5 MHz (10 MHz with Opt. B85, 20 MHz with Opt. B16x), 1, 2, 3, 5 sequence, Auto-coupled, or user selected (arbitrary)|
|Video Bandwidth Range||1 Hz to 10 MHz plus wide open|
|Minimum Signal Duration for 100% POI||2.7 µs at 165 MHz BW (0.434 µs, Opt. 300); 2.8 µs at 85 MHz BW (0.551 µs, Opt. 300); 3.0 µs at 40 MHz BW (0.79 µs, Opt. 300); 3.2 µs at 25 MHz BW (0.915 µs, Opt. 300)|
|Trigger Modes||Free run, Triggered, FastFrame|
|Trigger Types||Power, Frequency mask, Frequency edge, DPX density, Runt, Time qualified|
|Ext Trigger Threshold Levels||High +1.6 to +5 V, Low 0 to +0.5 V|
|High-speed Sweeps with high resolution and low noise||1 GHz sweeps at 10 kHz RBW in <1 sec|
|Displayed Average Noise||−142 dBm/Hz at 26.5 GHz, -157 dBm/Hz at 2 GHz, -150 dBm/Hz at 10 kHz|
|Phase Noise||–113 dBc/Hz at 1 GHz and –134 dBc/Hz at 10 MHz carrier frequency, 10 kHz offset|
|Included Accessories||Quick-Start Manual (printed), Application Guide, Printable Online Help File, Programmer’s manual (on CD), power cord, BNC to N adapter, USB Keyboard, USB Mouse, and Front Cover|
|Weight (all options)||29 kg (64.7 lbs)|
|Power & Dissipation (fully loaded)||100 − 240 VRMS, 50 to 60 Hz, 115 VRMS, 400 Hz, 450 W max|
|Operating Atmospherics||Temperatures: +5 °C to +40 °C; Humidity: 95% at +40°C; Altitude: Up to 3000 m (9842 ft)|
- RTPA2A: Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer Probe Adapter; Supports TekConnect probes P7225, P7240, P7260, P7313, P7313SMA, P7330, P7340A, P7350, P7350SMA, P7360A, P7380A, P7380SMA, P7500 Series.
- SignalVu-PC: Offline analysis software based on the RSA5000/6000 Series platform.
- RSAVu: Offline analysis software based on the RSA3000 platform for analysis supporting 3G wireless standards
- Planar Crown 3.5 mm female connector, Tektronix part number 131-9062-00.
- Planar Crown 3.5 mm male connector, Tektronix part number 131-8822-00.
- Planar Crown Type N female connector, Tektronix part number 131-4329-00.
- Planar Crown SMA female connector, Tektronix part number 131-8689-00.
- Transit Case – Tektronix part number 016-1963-00.
- Rackmount Retrofit - RSA56KR.
- Opt. 09: Adds Enhanced Real Time.
- Opt. 10: Adds AM/FM/PM and Audio Analysis.
- Opt. 11: Adds Phase Noise and Jitter Measurement.
- Opt. 12: Adds Settling Time Measurement (Frequency and Phase).
- Opt. 14: Adds Noise Figure and Gain Measurement.
- Opt. 20: Adds advanced signal analysis (including pulse measurements).
- Opt. 21: Adds general-purpose digital modulation analysis.
- Opt. 22: Adds flexible OFDM analysis.
- Opt. 23: Adds WLAN 802.11a/b/g/j/p analysis.
- Opt. 24: Adds WLAN 802.11n analysis.
- Opt. 25: Adds WLAN 802.11ac analysis.
- Opt. 26: Adds APCO P25 measurement application.
- Opt. 27: Adds Bluetooth LE and Bluetooth Basic Rate RF transmitter measurements.
- Opt. 28: Adds LTE Downlink (Base Station) RF transmitter measurements (includes Cell ID).
- Opt. 29: Adds Bluetooth 5 transmitter measurements.
- Opt. 32: Adds EMI Pre-compliance and troubleshooting.
- Opt. B25: Adds 25 MHz real-time capture bandwidth (no cost :* Opt.).
- Opt. B40: Adds 40 MHz real-time capture bandwidth.
- Opt. B85: Adds 85 MHz real-time capture bandwidth.
- Opt. B16x: Adds 165 MHz real-time capture bandwidth.
- Opt. 50: Adds 1 MHz to 3/6.2 GHz Pre-Amplifier (RSA5103B/RSA5106B only).
- Opt. 51: Adds 1 MHz to 15/26.5 GHz Pre-Amplifier (RSA5115B/RSA5126B only).
- Opt. 53: Adds Memory, 4 GB Acquisition Memory Total.
- Opt. 54: Adds Signal survey and classification.
- Opt. 65: Adds Digital I and Q outputs.
- Opt. 66: Adds Zero-span output.
- Opt. 6566: Adds Digital I and Q outputs and Zero-span output.
- Opt. 300: Adds high performance real time DPX
- Opt. B85HD: Adds high dynamic range, 85 MHz acquisition bandwidth
- Opt. B125: Adds 125 MHz acquisition bandwidth
- Opt. B125HD: Adds high dynamic range, 125 MHz acquisition bandwidth
- Opt. B16xHD: Adds high dynamic range, 165 MHz acquisition bandwidth
- Opt. MAP: Adds mapping capability.
- Opt. PFR: Adds Precision Frequency Reference.
- Opt. PFR50: Adds Precision Frequency Reference and Internal Preamp (RSA5103B/RSA5106B only).
- Opt. WIN10REM: A removable solid-state drive. Minimum disk capacity is 480 GB. The Windows 10 operating system and instrument software is preinstalled.
- Opt. WIN10RINT: An internally mounted drive. Minimum disk capacity is 480 GB. The Windows 10 operating system and instrument software is preinstalled.
- RSA56KR: Rackmount for RSA5100A/B Series, SPECMON/B Series, and RSA6100B Series analyzers.
- RSA5BUP Option SSD: Adds an additional removable solid-state drive for units equipped with Option 56. The Windows 7 operating system and instrument software is preinstalled.
- RSA5BUP Option 56: An internal solid-state drive. The Windows 7 operating system and instrument software is preinstalled.
- RSA5BUP SPARE-WIN10: Adds an additional removable solid-state hard drive. Windows 10 and instrument software pre-installed.)
- RSA5BUP WIN10REM: A removable solid-state drive. The Windows 10 operating system and instrument software is preinstalled.
- RSA5BUP WIN10INT: An internally mounted drive. The Windows 10 operating system and instrument software is preinstalled.
- Opt. C3: Calibration Service 3 Years
- Opt. C5: Calibration Service 5 Years
- Opt. CA1: Single Calibration or Functional Verification
- Opt. D1: Calibration Data Report
- Opt. D3: Calibration Data Report 3 Years (with Opt. C3)
- Opt. D5: Calibration Data Report 5 Years (with Opt. C5)
- Opt. G3: Complete Care 3 Years (includes loaner, scheduled calibration, and more)
- Opt. G5: Complete Care 5 Years (includes loaner, scheduled calibration, and more)
- Opt. R5: Repair Service 5 Years (including warranty)