Note: The Tektronix 465M scope has its own page.
The Tektronix 465 is a portable 100 MHz dual-trace oscilloscope with dual time-bases. The 465 was very popular and Tek made them for quite a few years. It is all solid-state except for the CRT. It was introduced in November 1972.
The optional DM44 multimeter attaches to the top of the instrument.
Bill Turner worked as a calibration technician for the 465 oscilloscope group.
|Bandwidth||DC to 100 MHz on CH1 & CH2 for −15°C to +40°C and DC to 85 MHz from +40°C to +55°C|
|Rise time||3.5 ns for 0°C to +40°C and 4.2 ns from +40°C to +55°C|
|Input Impedance||1 MΩ ±2% // 20 pF|
|Input Voltage||max. 500 V DC (250 VDC when DC coupled) + Peak AC or 500 Vp-p AC at < 1 kHz|
|Trigger Coupling||DC, AC, LF Reject, HF Reject|
|Channel Isolation||100:1 at 25 MHz|
|Z Axis Input||DC to 50 MHz; 5 Vp-p signal causes noticeable modulation at normal intensity|
|Output Signals||CH1 Vertical, A & B +Gate|
|Calibrator||~1 kHz, 300 mV, square wave|
|CRT||154-0676-10 tube, P31 phosphor, 18.5 kV acceleration, 8 cm × 10 cm graticule|
|Line Voltage||110/115/120/220/230/240 VAC ±10%, selected via primary voltage selector and regulating range selector assembly, 48 Hz to 440 Hz|
|Power Consumption||75 W @ 115 VAC / 60 Hz|
- Rajesh's Tek 465 Repair
- The New Look in Portables, in Tekscope Vol. 4 No. 5, 1972
- Jim Williams repairs Tom Osborne's Tektronix 465B oscilloscope (YouTube)
- Another successful 465 repair, shorted tantalum (YouTube)
- Repairing a 465 (power supply, z axis amplifier, vertical pre amplifier issues) - nice internal photos
- Tek 465 page @ amplifier.cd
- 465B differences
- Tek 465 "teardown"
- Replacing Electrolytic Filter Capacitors in a Tektronix 465
- Tektronix T4650 CRT
- Handle Replacement Modification Kit
- See 465/Repairs