The Tektronix DSA601 and DSA602 are digital scopes with waveform processing capabilities from the 1990s. They accept up to three 11000-series plug-ins. The display is a touchscreen, with a grid of infrared beams used as the sensor.
|Inputs||3 amplifier bays, up to 12 channels (using 11A34 plug-ins)|
|Resolution||8 bits; averaging of N acquisitions increases by log2(N) up to 14 bits|
|Display resolution||50 pixels/Div|
|Sample rate||DSA601, max 1 GS/s; DSA602, max 2 GS/s (one channel, left plugin) Note 1|
|Record length||512 to 32768 samples|
|Sweep rate||50 ps/Div Note 2 to 100 s/Div|
|ENOB||7.2 bit up to 10 MHz, 6.3 bit @ 250 MHz, 5.7 bit @ 500 MHz, 4.5 bit @ 1 GHz|
|Screen||magnetic deflection color computer monitor, 10" diagonal (130 mm × 168 mm), 552×704 pixels, 22×11 infrared touch-screen grid|
|Power||90-132 V or 180-250 V, 48-72 Hz, 465 W (DSA601A) / 585 W (DSA602A)|
- The 8-bit digitizers in the DSA 601 and DSA 602 have a maximum rate of 500 MSamples/s. The DSA 601 has two such digitizers and the DSA 602 has four. The digitizers can be used independently or can be ganged together in interleaved mode for higher sample rates. Interleaving gives the DSA601 a single-channel maximum sample rate of 1 GSamples/s and the DSA602 2 GSamples/s (realtime).
- Using Effective Time sampling, the DSA602A resolution increases to 50 ps/div (effective sampling rate of 1000 GS/s). Math operations allow averaging and calculation of statistics to extract the characteristics of the signal and its anomalies.
Documents and Software
- DSA 601A/602A Tutorial
- Good summary of the functionality
- Differences between DSA601 and DSA602
- Description of the DSA 601 and DSA 602 from the Tek catalog
- Instructions for clearing the NVRAM
- Possibly Tektronix Wavestar 3.1 software for Windows 3.1
- Tekdump screen capture software for Unix written by Steve Tell: Web page / Download