The Tektronix P6042 is a DC to 50 MHz current probe introduced in 1967.
The sensor contains a current transformer for HF and a hall effect sensor for LF/DC components. The amplifier combines DC/LF and HF signals.
The AM503 is a redesign of the P6042.
|Bandwidth||DC to 50 MHz (-3 dB)|
|Rise time||7 ns|
|Ranges||1 mA/Div to 1 A/Div (1-2-5)|
|Output||to 50 Ω scope input at 50 mV/Div|
|Maximum input||10 A DC+peak AC in 5 mA to 1 A ranges, 0.5 A in 1 mA and 2 mA ranges|
|Power||90-136 or 180-272 V, 20 W|
- Tek P6042 page @ amplifier.cd
- Tek P6042 page @ barrytech.com
- Tek P6042 page @ radiomuseum.org
- P6042 repair by Fred, PA4TIM
- Service Scope 46, October 1967
- P6042 teardown @ EEtimes