The S-54 is a pulse head designed for use with the 7S12 as a long line TDR unit. It has a 1 ns risetime and variable pretrigger pulse output. The pretrigger-to-main pulse jitter is specified to be 100 ps or less when the lead time is set to 120 ns.
- Main Output:
- Output amplitude: +400 mV into 50 Ω (BNC)
- Rise time: < 1 ns
- Pulse duration: 25 µs ± 2 µs.
- Pre-trigger output:
- Amplitude: +200 mV into 50 Ω (BSM)
- Rise time: 5 ns
- Pre-trig time: 120 ns – 1 µs before main pulse
- Jitter: < 100 ps at 120 ns, < 1 ns at 1 µs
- Pulse duration: 20 ns