Significant differences to the 7M11 include:
- faster risetime spec (150 ps instead of 175 ps)
- shorter delay (70 ns instead of 75 ns)
- СР50-262 connectors instead of GR874
- separate trigger outputs instead of switchable trigger output
- trigger and signal outputs both attenuated 2:1
The signal inputs and outputs are СР50-262 type, which are similar to N connectors. N connectors will fit, just about, but the thread doesn't fully engage. The trigger outputs are СР50-73 type.
The sample in the photograph has a measured 125 ps risetime, though with a couple of nanoseconds of 'sag' after the leading edge. This corresponds to a bandwidth of nearly 3 GHz.
The plugin is extremely heavy at 3.7 kg (8lb 2oz). It is entirely passive, having no edge connector on the rear, and can be used independently of the oscilloscope mainframe. In fact, it doesn't even have a locking screw to hold it in to the mainframe at all.
|Delay time||70 ns|
|Signal risetime||< 150 ps|
|Trigger risetime||< 500 ps|
|Maximum input voltage||2 V|