The Tektronix TM506 is a six-bay mainframe for the TM500 system. The rightmost compartment can supply high-powered plugins.
The RTM506 is the electrically identical rack-mount version, with a 14 W fan in place of the 7 W fan used in the TM506.
The TM506A is an updated variant, introduced in 1989, that essentially looks exactly the same as the TM5006, i.e. it is taller, has air outlets on the front and a flip switch instead of a pull switch.
Option 2 adds internal pin headers for each slot as well as rear 50-pin and BNC connectors, allowing for custom wiring to, from and between plugins.
On the TM506, the rear connectors are installed in an additional rear plate mounted adjacent to the fan shroud.
The TM506 supplies five unregulated voltages to the plug-in modules:
- +33.5 V, 350 mA max, common to all plug-in slots
- −33.5 V, 350 mA max, common to all plug-in slots
- +11.5 V, 1.3 A max in regular compartment, 4 A max in high-power compartment; common to regular plug-in slots, floating on high-power slot
- 2 × 25 VAC, 2 x 0.5 A / 25 VA (combined) max in regular compartment, 60 VA (combined) max in high-power compartment; floating ≤350 V (peak) per plug-in
- 17.5 VAC with grounded center tap, 30 VA max in standard compartment, 95 VA max in high-power compartment; common to regular plug-in slots, floating on high-power slot