Talk:7000 Series plug-in interface
- Thanks! Can you please double-check my changes to the 11000 Series plug-in interface page? Not my core area of expertise...
- --Peter (talk) 13:46, 11 April 2018 (PDT)
- The 11000 Series plug-in interface page looks good to me. Of course improvements are possible.
- --Kurt (talk) 13:58, 17 April 2018 (PDT)
- TODO: Document the 7A21N's extra pins on the 7000-series plug-in interface connector
- --Kurt (talk) 14:02, 17 April 2018 (PDT)
- Question: The "70000-Series Plug-In/Mainframe interface manual" (company confidential) from March 1976 in general talks about GPIB compatible 7000 mainframes that control programmable plugins (Which I do not know of). Even more, on page 123 it hints on a instrument called 7704AP, which apparently is an example of this class of 7000 mainframes. Does anybody know of such an instrument or a prototype?
- --Gregor 23 July 2019
Update on the "programmable" Mainframes: Only the 7612D and the 7912 family natively support the GPIB functionality of the programmable plug-ins. The 7854 plug-in bays are identical to any conventional 7000 series mainframe and do not have the extra detection circuits for the modified TS mode. The "7704AP" mentioned in the interface manual is remains a mystery. Gregor 20 August 2020