Jump to navigation Jump to search
Many Tektronix instruments provide power for active probes. A number of different configurations were used over time:
- The 513 provides +225 V, +6.3 V, and a variable supply producing +15 V to +150 V, on a 4-pin connector.
- The 517, 128 and 1121 provide +120 V and +6.3 V for P170CF or P500CF cathode-follower probes.
- The 1S1, 3S1 and 3S76 provide +100 V and −12.2 V for P6032 cathode-follower probes or 282 active adapters. (The 1S1 supplies -19 V through a 35 Ω resistor to pin B, creating about -12 V when accounting for the filament current of the P6032.)
- The 4S1 and 4S2 provides +100 V, −12.6 V, and −25.2 V for P6032 probes or 282 active adapters.
- The N provides +100 V and 6.3 VAC for P6025 cathode-follower probes.
- The 015-0073-00 has a 3-pin probe power connector (Sealectro 55-850-0018-98(?)), the 454/454A a pair of these, providing +12.5 V and −12.5 V for probes P6045, ...
- 7000-series scopes (not all models), 475, 485, the 1101 probe power supply, the 2707 tracking generator, and most 49X-Series Spectrum Analyzers provide +15 V, +5 V, and −15 V through a LEMO S-series connector for probes like P6201, P6202A, P6230, P6051 etc.
- TekProbe BNC, TekProbe SMA and TekConnect are proprietary probe-scope interfaces that combine signal and probe power as well as control (e.g. offset voltage), and provide the scope with information about the type of probe connected.
Probe power connector on rear panel of 7104