Jump to navigation Jump to search
Manuals – Specifications – Links – Pictures
The Tektronix Type 5T3 is a timing plug-in for the Type 661 sampling oscilloscope. It uses TD253B tunnel diodes for triggering.
The 5T3 can be triggered from any of four different sources:
- Internal trigger from the sampling plug-in, via interconnect J9.
- Internal trigger from the calibrator module in the 661 mainframe. This works up to 1 GHz.
- External trigger to the high-impedance BNC trigger input. This input is buffered by an 8056 Nuvistor cathode follower. This can be used for triggering on signals up to 20 MHz.
- External trigger to the 50 Ω GR-874 trigger input. This input can drive either of two selectable signal paths:
- A path where the trigger signal skips the high-impedance Nuvistor input buffer but is still buffered by Q64 and Q124 (1 GHz NPN transistors, part number 151-0138-00) before the tunnel diode trigger event recognizer circuit. This path provides triggering up to 500 MHz.
- A passive low-impedance path, capacitively coupled to a tunnel diode for "UHF SYNC" mode. This works up to 5 GHz.
The 5T3 can also be set to free-run mode.
- please add
Some Parts Used in the 5T3
|8056||Vacuum Tube (Triode)||low-voltage Nuvistor triode||422 • 502 • W • 1S1 • 3A7 • 3S3 • 3T4 • 5T3 • 10A1|