Tektronix made oscilloscopes and plug-ins intended for sampling measurements.
Through the 1960s, the sampling group was led by Al Zimmerman.
A distinction is made between sequential sampling and random sampling.
Instruments that have a random sampling mode usually also have a sequential sampling mode, e.g., the 7T11.
- Sampling Notes, Tektronix
- 50 Years of RF and Microwave Sampling, Mark Kahrs (2003)
- Sampling Oscilloscope Circuits, John Mulvey, Tektronix
- Tektronix S-series Sampling Heads (PDF)
- James R. Andrews, Comparison of Ultra-Fast Rise Sampling Oscilloscopes, Picosecond Pulse Labs Application Note 2a, 1989 (PDF)
- PSPL MTT 2003 paper: 100 GHz Sampler (PDF)
- Construction of a Broadband Universal Sampling Head, J. R. Andrews and G. DeWitte
- Tektronix Sampling Instruments Brochure (PDF)
- Sensitive Sampling Plug-ins Add New Capabilities, Cliff Moulton (PDF, needs OCR)
- February 1965 Service Scope: Sampling Concepts Reviewed
- Media:Cern 61-15 nanosecond sampling oscilloscope.pdf
- Transcript of "Sampling Oscilloscopes and Techniques" Training Film by Norm Winningstad (PDF)