Henry Allen “Al” Zimmerman (b. August 5, 1937 in Sabetha, KS – ?) got his BS in Electrical Engineering from Harvard in 1959 and MS in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkley in 1961. He started at Tektronix in July 1961. He led the Sampling Group at Tektronix starting in the early 1960s.
As of October 1963, Al Zimmerman's Sampling Group included:
- Al Zimmerman, Project Manager
Products by Al Zimmerman
|7S11||Plug-in||Sampling plugin||George Frye • Al Zimmerman • Gene Cowan||1969|
|7T11||Plug-in||Sampling Sweep Unit||George Frye • Al Zimmerman • Gene Cowan||1969|
Components by Al Zimmerman
Patents by Al Zimmerman
- "The State Of the Art In Sampling" in October 1968 Service Scope
- Concepts Series: Sampling Oscilloscope Circuits (contributions)
- US Patent 3359429 "Trigger Generator Circuit Having Synchronized Astable Input Oscillator"
- US Patent 3558930 "Jitter-Free Triggering Method and Apparatus"
- US Patent 3771056 "Display Baseline Stabilization Circuit"